Developing and Protecting Your Brand, Business and Intellectual Property
In all business ventures, your brand is your identity, reputation, and your most valuable asset. A brand encompasses the knowledge, technology, artistic content, look and feel, and the public and consumer perception of your business and creative pursuits.
Although business names, logos and slogans are essential components of a brand, a successful brand development strategy also focuses on selecting, developing and protecting other forms of innovative and valuable intellectual property assets such as: product and package design; advertising content; the look and feel of a physical or online retail location, the sound, smell, or colors associated with promotional campaigns; the content created for use on a website or social media platform.
Because a brand is the cornerstone of your business identity, it needs to be developed and protected with the best strategies and resources available. Brand Ventures IP specializes in handling every aspect of brand development and protection, from working with you as you set up your business entity and select a name or logo for your company or product line to enforcing your intellectual property rights whenever necessary using those business and legal strategies that are most effective.
Located in Los Angeles, between Venice and Santa Monica in the heart of West L.A.'s burgeoning Silicon Beach district, Brand Ventures IP is focused on offering its clients the expertise of a larger firm while emphasizing close client relationships, attorney accessibility and competitive flat rate and hybrid fee structures for our clients.
Brand Ventures IP represents clients in a broad range of intellectual property matters:
- strategic advice for brand development and protection involving trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets;
- brand consultation focused on helping companies and entrepreneurs increase market share and revenue;
- trademark selection, conflict searches, registration, and prosecution before the USPTO;
- copyright registration and negotiation of entertainment licenses and contracts;
- counseling on e-commerce, social media and internet law, policy and regulations;
- due diligence support in the sale, licensing, and acquisition of intellectual property assets;
- design and implementation of domestic and international trademark protection strategies;
- representation of clients before the TTAB for oppositions, cancellations, and ex parte appeals;
- representation of clients in IP litigations in California Federal Court
Failing to integrate intellectual property strategies into the development and protection of your brand cannot only reduce its effectiveness and value, but it can expose you to potential lawsuits, consumer confusion, increased costs and lost profits. Brand Ventures IP Law can help you at every stage to build and protect your brand through an interdisciplinary approach combining those business and legal strategies best suited for each specific client and their intellectual property needs.